Many people have been asking about buying a first aid kit. This author believes it is best to build your own first aid and “disaster” kit. This includes emergency items that are essential for your survival in case of a disaster such as a power cut, earthquake, etc…
You can add up to this list as much as you need or see fit.
You will need to take the following precautions:
-Regularly check your kit, especially electronics and devices with batteries.
– Keep and inventory of the medications with their expiry date, in order to replace them.
-Have a kit available in different places, home, work and car.
-keep your kit in a cool, dry place away from the sun.
-If you don’t have a box, use one of the cooling camping bags that used to store food and maintaining its temperature.
– Bandages (different sizes) and different types (adhesive and rolling ones)
– Sterilized dressings and gauze pads(different sizes)
– Cotton buds and swabs
– Adhesive tape
– Latex gloves
– Antihistamine ointment
– Antibiotic ointment
– Anti diarrhea and rehydration medication
– Charcoal based pills
– Antiseptic spray
– Tweezers and scissors
– Keep extra prescribed medication for those with a medical condition
– Alcohol wipes and antibacterial gel
– Emergency blanket
– Plastic bags –to throw out contaminated items
– Copy of your CPR and first aid manual or brochure with instructions
-Flash light with extra batteries
– Multipurpose tool
-Extra cell phone with charger
– Whistle -to call for help- and compass
-Matches and candles
– Small fire extinguisher
And most importantly, keep calm and don’t panic.
Don’t forget to visit our Facebook page for more information, click here.