Location: Nun Center, Zamalek
When: Saturday, December 10th, 2022, from 11AM-4PM
The Mental Health Awareness Distinctive Course provides participants with a broad understanding of mental health. Participants will learn about the factors that affect mental health, and will be introduced to the more prevalent mental disorders and accompanying signs and symptoms, the influence of stigma and discrimination, guidance on supporting people in distress and advice on honing personal resilience.
This course is not only suitable for individulas but also at the workplace, where it is a growing concern and the spotlight is on employers to evaluate the need, and provide adequate provision, for the mental wellbeing of their staff. This may include training staff in the awareness of mental health issues, and how to recognize signs and symptoms and provide support to someone who may be experiencing mental health issues.
By the end of this course, participants will have an understanding of:
• Mental health and the factors affecting mental wellbeing.
• The signs and symptoms of the most common mental health disorders.
• The way in which stigma and discrimination can hinder recovery.
• How to support people experiencing mental distress.
• Ways of improving their own resilience and mental wellbeing.
Course will be online over two days.
Disclaimer: It is important to note that some elements might prove triggering or upsetting to attendees. It is also not a substitute for mental health interventions that are implemented by health professionals.
- Hands on approach in order to retain new skills.
- Usage of diverse audio-visual material.
- Group and peer learning in a non-stressful environment.
- Focus on the participants’ needs.
About the Accrediting Organization:
Emergency First Response (EFR) is the fastest growing international CPR, AED and first aid training organization. With more than 56,000 instructors worldwide (in 175 countries) Emergency First Response is backed by 48 years of experience in the development and delivery of instructional courses, training materials and educational curricula.
The certification is globally accepted and satisfies the requirement so of governmental and international authorities worldwide.
Course fees include:
- International certification from the UK
Students will receive their certification, upon mailing their forms to the UK.
Deadline to register and pay is December 10th, zoom link will be sent upon payment.
–To reserve please send us a private message or an email at email@example.com or call 01223980898.