Description: The ASHI Advanced First Aid course is designed for the person who needs or desires more first aid training than a basic one, but not to the level of Emergency Medical Response. Perfect for corporate emergency response teams, this 17-21 hour Advanced First Aid certification course presents many of the most common illnesses and injuries responders are likely to encounter.
Who can attend: individuals or employers or anyone who want to learn how to respond to advanced medical emergencies and learn first aid. Prerequisite a valid basic CPR/First Aid certification.
Skills taught in this Course:
- Introduction to EMS Systems and the Role of the First Responder Chapter
- Legal and Ethical Principles of Emergency Care
- The Wellness and Safety of the First Responder
- Introduction to Anatomy
- Principles of Lifting, Moving, and Positioning Ill or Injured People
- Airway Management and Rescue Breathing
- Principles of Assessment
- Caring for Medical Emergencies
- Caring for Soft-Tissue Injuries and Shock
- Caring for Muscle and Bone Injuries
- Caring for Injuries to the Head and Spine
- Multiple-Casualty Incidents and Principles of Triage
Duration: 17 hours
Certification: Participants receive an international certification from the American Safety and Health Institute/ASHI (valid for 2 years).
Language: Delivery and material in English and/or Arabic.